POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : planet Earth using a texture map? : Re: planet Earth using a texture map? Server Time
20 Apr 2024 02:55:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: planet Earth using a texture map?
From: Ken
Date: 1 Jul 1999 18:01:30
Message: <377BE4D8.70F7EEF4@pacbell.net>
Robert Acklin wrote:

> Did you use povray to create the mount'ns in the 1st pic?
> (oldies.html)
> If not, what did you use? If so how? (or just point me to
> the right doc)
>
> --
> Rob
> -----

  What you are seeing is a Pov generated Height Field. There are many
ways to create them but the easiest is by using a heght field modeling
program like Leveller.

See my links in the group below for several programs that produce images
usable for height fields in Povray.

povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net