POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.programming : UV-mapping - problems on surface edges. : UV-mapping - problems on surface edges. Server Time
28 Mar 2024 11:50:44 EDT (-0400)
  UV-mapping - problems on surface edges.
From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 13 Jun 1999 09:39:25
Message: <3763B492.E705A36@fv.aetec.ee>
Hello.

Hopfully this is not very wrong group, as it seems to be only binary
group, which has relevance for this message ;-)

I have problem with UV-mapping: it seems to me, that it does not work
correctly on surface edges. I use Rhino for creating surfaces and then
export them to .3DS and from it with Win3DS2POV to Pov-Ray format.
Now, when I compare output from Rhino renderer and from PovRay, then it
could be seen, that on edges, where U and V have small values, texture
mapping is corrupted. I add 2 pictures to illustrate this problem. UV
values run in Rhino model from 0 (green-yellow corner) to 7 (red-blue
corner).
Is this known problem and/or is there workaround for it? I tested it
with UVPov 5.2. If it helps, then I can send test files for it (texture
map, 3DS file, PovRay files).

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'rho.jpg' (28 KB) Download 'uvpov.jpg' (27 KB)

Preview of image 'rho.jpg'
rho.jpg

Preview of image 'uvpov.jpg'
uvpov.jpg