POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.tutorials : Help: Povray 3.1 new atmosphere stuff : Re: Help: Povray 3.1 new atmosphere stuff Server Time
25 Apr 2024 11:14:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help: Povray 3.1 new atmosphere stuff
From: Tim Soderstrom
Date: 22 Nov 1998 14:39:03
Message: <365867FA.6959@Stic.nEt>
Wow that was quick :) Thanks for the help! ONE more thing, if you can
help me (I forgot to mention this after I posted it). the Pov-Ray DOC
(thank God for it) mentions about phasing pigments and such. However,
I'm having a problem doing it. I've done it before, but it wasn't fast
enough, so I upped the clock value:

sphere{
 <0, 0, 0>
 15
 pigment{
  bozo
  color_map{
  [0 rgb <1, 1, 1>]
  [1 rgb <0, 0, 0>]
  }
 phase (clock*4)
 }
}

but the AVI didn't show much. What I am wondienrg is how to properly
achive something like a realistic water texture (using a pigment and
*NOT* normal, as the reflection of objects goes to crap) that
ripples....

Thanks again for your help, hope I'm not being too annoying :)

Tim Soderstrom