POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Candle light : Re: Candle light Server Time
25 Apr 2024 19:40:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Candle light
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 25 Oct 1998 16:35:18
Message: <36339924.6576F0B6@xs4all.nl>
Patrick Hagerty wrote:

> Ken,
>
>     I'm also interested in a semi-realistic (or better) flame and I looked
> for the example scene you mentioned, but there doesn't seem to be any such
> object.  I have also taken the time to render all of the examples shipped
> with POV and used a graphical image browser and don't see any that have
> anything that looks like a flame in them.
>
> If I've overlooked something, I'd appreciate being set straight.
>
> Thanks,
> Patrick Hagerty
> pat### [at] hagwarecom
>
> Ken wrote:
>
> > There is one example scene provided with POV-Ray I believe
> > the title is matches.pov. It is an excellent example of producing
> > flames. In POV-Ray 3.01 it was in the showoff directory.
> >
> > Ken
> >
> > Ashley McGlone wrote:
> >
> > > Does anyone know how to create a realistic candle flame and use it as a
> > > light source?  Please reply to me privately.  TIA
> > >
> > > Mr. Ashley McGlone
> > > Ash### [at] PremierWebNet

There's no candle in the demo-files as far as I could see either. But I saw one
posted just a short while ago. Either that or it was on a webpage....
Hm....
Anyway, I've been working on it too and I've managed to get a semi-realistic
result. It is not as good as it could be, but it did the job for me (the image
might be somewhere in the binaries-group) and it might be a start.
Perhaps someone will post a good, thorough, usable include, otherwise I'd be
happy to share my crap :-)

Good luck,

Remco