POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Looking to the future : Re: Looking to the future Server Time
19 Apr 2024 21:10:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Looking to the future
From: John Coppens
Date: 2 Mar 2007 10:42:04
Message: <20070302124203.608c96de.john@johncoppens.com>
On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 21:58:54 +1100

> I can provide the POVCOMP site source code and web hosting for a new
> competition. Long-time POV user Lance Birch, a professional web
> designer, is willing to supervise and assist with the coding stage. We
> would need some additional help there, as well as at least three
> trusted people who are willing to make a long term commitment to
> supervising the operation of the contest.

Hi Chris

I'm not sure about the 'trusted' issue, but I've done quite a few pages
in PHP and others, I offer my help.

> I would like to suggest one possibility. It would be interesting to be
> able to conduct a series of competitions - of variable length according
> to difficulty - that I would perhaps describe as the "POV-Team's
> Challenge".

Yes! Every single one of the propositions seems tempting! And even though
the IRTC certainly has (had?) its merits, I would certainly welcome (and
would be more easily seduced to participate in) a more dynamic challenge.

John