POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Compiling UberPOV on MacOSX : Re: Compiling UberPOV on MacOSX Server Time
28 Mar 2024 08:05:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling UberPOV on MacOSX
From: Yvo Smellenbergh
Date: 3 Dec 2013 06:40:02
Message: <1ldayvs.1rzzfqmipd4uwN%yvo.s@cancel_This_gmx.net>
Bill Pragnell <bil### [at] hotmailcom> wrote: I have already compiled
UberPOV for MacOS but I have to create an archive and update the home
page for it.

You can of course download the xcode project for the command line
version on my home page and move the uberpov sources into it.
http://megapov.inetart.net/povrayunofficial_mac/
You only have to take
care not to modify
libraries/jpeg/jconfig.h
source/backend/povray.h >> I think it is save to replace this one
vfe/syspovprotobase.h
becouse there are a few tweaks.
Don't replace the png, tiff,... libs. They are the
same for both 3.7 and UberPOV.` All in one project, no messing with make
etc...

I compiled both, gui and command line version of UberPOV f I have time I
Iwill upload UberPOV beta 3 for mac later today after work. If time
Ipermits.

Yvo > Thanks for the reply. I haven't tried to compile POV-Ray on Mac
before - Yvo's > unofficial builds have worked perfectly for me, but of
course I wanted to tinker > with UberPOV :) > > clipka
<ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote: > > I expect that to happen any moment
now, so I'm a bit reluctant to sneak > > the fixes into UberPOV via the
side door, and would rather prefer to > > merge them from the POV-Ray
master branch once they're there. > > So I guess I'm better off waiting
for the fixes to make it back in officially? > I'm in no particular rush
if this stuff is being worked on already, and I also > have a linux box
I can use it on in the meantime. > > Bill

http://megapov.inetart.net MacMegaPOV at:
http://users.skynet.be/smellenbergh E-mail: yvo(DOT)s(AT)gmx.net