POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Intel Core Build? : Re: Intel Core Build? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 05:41:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Intel Core Build?
From: Yvo Smellenbergh
Date: 4 Sep 2006 11:21:11
Message: <1hl5h51.139zc5j7sz9laN%yvo.s@gmx.net>
"thuthon" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> I installed povray 3.6 onto my macBook pro. Whenever I try to open it, it
> starts opening and goes as far as showing sort of a table named 'Messages'
> and another named 'Templates'. Then it just vanishes and gives this
> message:- "The application POV-Ray Mac 3.6 quit unexpectedly". I was
> wondering if you could help me in this matter.
Until there is a Universal Binary version of POV-Ray your only choice is
MegaPOV which is already available as a  Universal Binary. It runs very
fast on Intel Macs (and PPC).
You can find it here:
http://megapov.inetart.net/download.html#Mac
MegaPOV will produce the same results but has some extra patches which
you don't have to use.

Running applications like POV-Ray under Rosetta is something you really
don't want to do. It is extremely slow and Rosetta was not designed for
things like this.

Yvo

--
MegaPOV at:  http://megapov.inetart.net