POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Povray 3.6 in Mac OS X 10.4.1 : Re: Povray 3.6 in Mac OS X 10.4.1 Server Time
25 Apr 2024 12:36:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray 3.6 in Mac OS X 10.4.1
From: Yvo Smellenbergh
Date: 3 Jun 2005 11:24:33
Message: <1gxlbky.r6qiao9bqbicN%yvo.s@gmx.net>
Clemens Schwaighofer <gul### [at] gullevekorg> wrote:

[...]

> I know, I know. My issues is, that I have no idea how to start rendering
> something on Mac. Should I just drop a pov-ray text file on the app?
Pov_Ray is just the same as MacMegaPOV, except that MacMegaPOV looks a
bit different.
If you say that you can use MacMegaPOV, then you should be able to run
POV_Ray as well.
You need to open a scene file (MacMegaPOV allows for selecting one
without opening).
Both versions look a bit different but they do the same.

> There is no "first steps for mac" readme.

> So, can someone point me out how to use POV-ray in Mac?
I suggest that you start from scratch:
Download the archive, expand the archive and mount the image, copy the
folder "POV-Ray 3.6" to your hard drive.
Open this folder and double click the the "POV-Ray Mac 3.6" alias and
the program will start (don't launch from the image because that will
not work).
Select your include path via "File" >> "preferences.." tab "Scenes".
(select the include folder in the "POV-Ray 3.6" folder).

Now, open a file and select "render xx.pov" from the render menu.
This should work.
If not, stick to MacMegaPOV :-) ;-)

Yvo

--