POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPOV glows in UberPOV : Re: MegaPOV glows in UberPOV Server Time
25 Apr 2024 01:48:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV glows in UberPOV
From: INVALID ADDRESS
Date: 14 Nov 2016 20:33:00
Message: <1526614152.500865979.769466.gdsHYPHENentropyAThotmaolDOTcom@news.povray.org>
> Am 15.11.2016 um 01:13 schrieb [GDS|Enropy]:
>
> [Whoops -- what happened to the "t" in your user name?]

Good catch; that has likely been missing since I first setup the account in
NewsTap, so, years! Haha!

> Yes, for now I consider it the mission to be establishing a baseline for
> the feature, matching MegaPOV as closely as possible (except for the
> presumed scaling bug). Non-trivial bug fixes may follow sooner or later,
> but they're not priority.
>
> Which is why I'd love to hear whether the issues reported by omniverse
> are also seen with MegaPOV.

I have a scene or two planned that should put it through its paces. :)

> It may come as a surprise to you, but the glow feature is entirely
> independent of media, so there's no reason to tie modifications of one
> to the other.

It is surprising, both because Glows look the way the do, and because I had
thought there was perhaps a greater tie between the two functions due to
your previous mention that resolving the glow bug was related to scattering
media in some way.

How do glows work? Is it like the fog keyword? They tend to have a fog sort
of effect on their own without media or fog.

It may be interesting at a later date to make them an actual volumetric
effect if they do not work that way currently.

Ian