POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Snowflake Generator for Windows : Re: Snowflake Generator for Windows Server Time
24 Apr 2024 18:58:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Snowflake Generator for Windows
From: John
Date: 8 Nov 2007 13:33:50
Message: <0bl6j3do9efkslqdc645d0lh5rs0hc2n4t@4ax.com>
On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 17:09:24 -0800, Samuel Benge
<stb### [at] THIShotmailcom> wrote:

>Hello Everyone,
>
>Just in time for the holidays! It's a random snowflake generator. Far
>from being an accurate simulation, it does produce better-looking
>snowflakes than most programs available today(until I find a better
>one). You can save a 700x700 screenshot to file.
>
>The program(with instructions) can be found here:
>http://www.caltel.com/~abenge/snowflake1.zip
>
>And a screen shot can be found here:
>http://www.caltel.com/~abenge/snowflake.jpg
>
>C++ source is also included. Enjoy :)
>
>Sam

I really like this program and just in time for Christmas.  I do have
one problem though.  On my PC it runs too quickly, ( I never thought
that I would say that about any program)

I do not have access to any program that I can use to try amd modify
the source code and certainly nothing to compile it with.

Is it possible for you or someone who knows what they are doing to
make it run much more slowly.  Perhaps a key board shortcut to step
through one iteration at a time ?

John