POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Denoising POV-Ray images in Blender Server Time
28 Mar 2024 15:19:43 EDT (-0400)
  Denoising POV-Ray images in Blender (Message 1 to 10 of 51)
From: Samuel B
Subject: Denoising POV-Ray images in Blender
Date: 13 Jan 2023 17:35:00
Message: <web.63c1dc409e2c1159f8c47d526e741498@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone,

On the left is a noisy image produced with POV-Ray, and on the right is the same
image, but denoised in Blender. It was super easy to set up.

The scene was rendered in UberPOV using no_cache radiosity and a count of 1, and
8 blur_samples for the camera. No AA. (It rendered in only 14 seconds. The
denoising in Blender took a little over a second.)

Works nicely, eh? I don't know yet if it will handle media, transparent objects
and other such things, but this initial result is promising!

Sam

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'denoise-test.png' (1122 KB)