POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : povray mode for emacs update? Server Time
29 Mar 2024 06:43:27 EDT (-0400)
  povray mode for emacs update? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Jonathan Bush
Subject: povray mode for emacs update?
Date: 14 Oct 2021 09:30:00
Message: <web.61682f654008b668d80ced0afde6c206@news.povray.org>
In lieu of a GUI, some Linux users use Emacs to develop POVray code.

This is greatly facilitated by the povray mode for emacs, the latest version of
which is on Github: https://github.com/melmothx/pov-mode This is written in
emacs Lisp. The text gets color coded, automatic indenting, and general user
friendliness occurs. It even adds a POVray related menu for running the code at
various resolutions. This is effectively close to using a GUI.

This mode works well, even though the last change to this code was
5 years ago, when the keyword for was incorporated.

Unfortunately, another keyword, elseif, has not yet been similarly incorporated.

I posted an issue about this on the Github page a few days ago. It's entirely
possible, even likely, that the current author, melmothx, will respond
eventually. In the meantime I wonder if anyone here would be interested in
taking a look. Or perhaps you could provide a link about emacs Lisp.

Is there some other coding platform which works better for POVray on Linux?

Thanks for any clue.

Post a reply to this message