POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Updated POV-Ray major mode for emacs. Server Time
18 Apr 2024 14:28:45 EDT (-0400)
  Updated POV-Ray major mode for emacs. (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Marco e Erika
Subject: Updated POV-Ray major mode for emacs.
Date: 18 Feb 2008 04:47:17
Message: <47b95425@news.povray.org>
The emacs's pove mode, originally by Peter W Boettcher in 1997, and
worked by several others, has been out of date since 2003. It doesn't
run in emacs 22 and it's not trivial to fix.

I'm glad to announce that many problem has been fixed and I'm
actively developing the mode. Now it works in emacs 22.

You can get the current version at:

http://xahlee.org/3d/povray_emacs.html

or direct link at
  http://xahlee.org/emacs/pov-mode-mp-2.16.tar.gz
(this direct link won't work for long since the version gets updated
about weekly)

Xah Lee kindly hosts this project and gives me a lot of feedback.

This mode features customizable syntax coloring, keyword completion,
keyword documentation lookup, over 200 templates insertion (such as
inc files, color, lighting, shape, transformation ...etc templates),
toolbar, and other features.

I'm looking for feedback, especially Windows users. (I'm on linux,
Xah Lee on OSX)

Right now, there are still some imperfections... For example, a shell
script is used to “install” it by modifying the elisp file to add
paths to POV-Ray documentation. However, it works quite well as is.

So, if you use POV-Ray, please give it a try and give me feedback.

Thanks.

Marco Pessotto

Post a reply to this message