POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray v3.8.0-beta.1 issue #410 Server Time
28 Mar 2024 15:02:45 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray v3.8.0-beta.1 issue #410 (Message 1 to 10 of 23)
From: jr
Subject: POV-Ray v3.8.0-beta.1 issue #410
Date: 3 Aug 2021 12:05:00
Message: <web.610968fb83d5a85b5e0fed26cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

> The unix folder in our repo is littered with various files ...
> Make recommendations how to get them back up to snuff if they
> could still be of use.

regarding 'unix/icons/*.png'.  I think they could be installed under
'/usr/share/icons/', perhaps '/usr/share/icons/POV_Ray/'?  would require
organising them by size, and renaming, to accommodate the existing conventions.
benefit: would be available in "desktop environments" (Gnome/KDE/etc).

the 'install' and 'README.*' weren't included in the 'povunix' tarball.  the
'*.x?m' files could go under '/usr/share/pixmaps/', I suggest.

(either '/usr/share/' or '/usr/local/share/' would do.)

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message

> the 'install' and 'README.*' weren't included in the 'povunix' tarball.  the
> '*.x?m' files could go under '/usr/share/pixmaps/', I suggest.

I'm not 100% sure about the `README.*` files off the top of my head, but
`install` should be present in the main folder of the tarball as `INSTALL`.

Post a reply to this message

> > the 'install' and 'README.*' weren't included in the 'povunix' tarball.  the
> > '*.x?m' files could go under '/usr/share/pixmaps/', I suggest.
>
> I'm not 100% sure about the `README.*` files off the top of my head, but
> `install` should be present in the main folder of the tarball as `INSTALL`.

ah, found the 'README.*'s -- once I looked in the correct directory.  (will get
back on these in a couple of days)

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message