POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Download Server Time
28 Mar 2024 06:00:39 EDT (-0400)
  Download (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Ray
Subject: Download
Date: 29 Jun 2021 20:05:00
Message: <web.60dbb410816ce026a0e10587b552ed4c@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I heard that you can render transparent backgrounds for images done in VMD. I am
trying to download version 3.6 since I am not sure if the latest version will be
compatible. Everytime I click on the download link nothing shows up; I have
tried to do both x32 and x64 for windows and even tried to download the 3.7
version. My browser does not seem to indicate that a pop-up is being blocked so
I am lost as to why I cannot download the files. Any help would be awesome.

Thanks,
Ray

Post a reply to this message

> I heard that you can render transparent backgrounds for images done in VMD. I am
> trying to download version 3.6 since I am not sure if the latest version will be
> compatible. Everytime I click on the download link nothing shows up; I have
> tried to do both x32 and x64 for windows and even tried to download the 3.7
> version. My browser does not seem to indicate that a pop-up is being blocked so
> I am lost as to why I cannot download the files. Any help would be awesome.

I presume you are trying to download from
<https://www.povray.org/download/> and
<https://www.povray.org/download/index-3.6.php>, respectively?

I don't see any immediate issue on our end. Using Firefox 89.0.2
(64-Bit), I can download the .MSI installer files for both the 32-Bit
and 64-Bit versions of POV-Ray v3.6.2.

In case something about the redirect is putting your browser off, you
could try downloading directly from the FTP server:

https://www.povray.org/ftp/pub/povray/

If that also doesn't work, you could try downloading POV-Ray v3.7.0 from
GitHub:

https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/releases/tag/v3.7.0.0

Post a reply to this message