POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Stochastic radiosity Server Time
28 Mar 2024 13:01:07 EDT (-0400)
  Stochastic radiosity (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Bill Pragnell
Subject: Stochastic radiosity
Date: 24 Jun 2021 12:45:00
Message: <web.60d4b5936e19af14b96893c06f35e431@news.povray.org>
Are there any plans to incorporate UberPOV's stochastic radiosity (i.e. no_cache
yes) into the main POV-Ray trunk?

I had a little hunt around, but I didn't find any discussion relating to this
outside of historical UberPOV posts from back in the day, so apologies if this
is a well-worn topic anywhere.

Bill

Post a reply to this message

Am 24.06.2021 um 18:40 schrieb Bill Pragnell:
> Are there any plans to incorporate UberPOV's stochastic radiosity (i.e. no_cache
> yes) into the main POV-Ray trunk?

Maybe not exactly the same mechanism - in UberPOV I used this approach
because it was minimally invasive, not because it was particularly
beautiful nor perticularly efficient - but something to the same effect.
Yes, plans there are.

There are always plans.

Post a reply to this message

> Am 24.06.2021 um 18:40 schrieb Bill Pragnell:
> > Are there any plans to incorporate UberPOV's stochastic radiosity (i.e.
> > no_cache yes) into the main POV-Ray trunk?
>
> Maybe not exactly the same mechanism - in UberPOV I used this approach
> because it was minimally invasive, not because it was particularly
> beautiful nor perticularly efficient - but something to the same effect.

Awesome. I mostly use UberPOV these days exclusively for this feature :)
Obviously there's a fair bit going on with the 1.38 beta at the moment, so I
appreciate it's not a current priority. Consider this space watched!

> There are always plans.

Plans within plans within plans!