POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : sphere proportions Server Time
28 Mar 2024 08:07:09 EDT (-0400)
  sphere proportions (Message 1 to 10 of 24)
From: Psnarf
Subject: sphere proportions
Date: 31 May 2021 12:30:00
Message: <web.60b50ee238c338a88b87fe773aaaf4dc@news.povray.org>
In a square window,
sphere {
    <0, 1, 2>, 2
    texture {
        pigment { color Yellow }
    }
produces an ellipsoid, the vertical radius is larger than the horizontal radius:
`povray -Idemo.pov +V +W400 +H400`

Apparently, the window proportion must be 1:1.33 in order to produce a sphere
with a fixed radius. Should not sphere appear circular no matter what the window
proportions in the render command?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'demo.png' (3 KB)

Preview of image 'demo.png'
demo.png

> produces an ellipsoid, the vertical radius is larger than the horizontal radius:
> `povray -Idemo.pov +V +W400 +H400`
>
> Apparently, the window proportion must be 1:1.33 in order to produce a sphere
> with a fixed radius. Should not sphere appear circular no matter what the window
> proportions in the render command?

depends on the 'right' vector of your camera.
<https://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Camera#Index_Entry_right_camera>

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message