POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sci-Fi Scene Assets Server Time
28 Mar 2024 16:41:42 EDT (-0400)
  Sci-Fi Scene Assets (Message 1 to 10 of 97)
From: Robert McGregor
Subject: Sci-Fi Scene Assets
Date: 17 Feb 2021 22:25:01
Message: <web.602dddf4e63e50ad87570eab0@news.povray.org>
A couple of weeks ago some posts here started me thinking about rendering some
sci-fi space scenes, so I started working on assets that would allow me to build
a variety of cool scenes.

I started off with a simple noise-based star field texture, along with an
accompanying alien moon.

Next, I used a parametric spherical spiral macro (that I recently posted) to
create the basis of an ancient alien artifact.

A dynamically generated 16-bit PNG function-pigment heightfield became an alien
landscape.

I knew I needed some humanoids for scale, so I found a free hi-res OBJ astronaut
model on the Internet. Using MeshLab I decimated the hi-res mesh polygons to an
acceptable level, then imported to Blender and built a simple astronaut pose
rig. As always, I converted to mesh2 via PoseRay for POV-Ray rendering.

Cheers,
Rob

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'alienartifact_wip_2048x1152px.jpg' (1273 KB)

Preview of image 'alienartifact_wip_2048x1152px.jpg'
alienartifact_wip_2048x1152px.jpg