POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ivy Generator Server Time
29 Mar 2024 02:30:50 EDT (-0400)
  Ivy Generator (Message 1 to 10 of 29)
From: hobBIT
Subject: Ivy Generator
Date: 3 Jul 2009 10:40:03
Message: <web.4a4e17009a7f7b0e28c001c10@news.povray.org>
last week I started to write a little ivy generator which can interact with
every povray object. I was a bit inspired by the generator by Thomas Luft
(http://graphics.uni-konstanz.de/~luft/ivy_generator/) which only work with
mesh objects. Please leave comments on how to increase realism,

many thanks,
hobBIT

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'ivygen_pub.png' (2438 KB)

Preview of image 'ivygen_pub.png'
ivygen_pub.png

> last week I started to write a little ivy generator which can interact with
> every povray object. I was a bit inspired by the generator by Thomas Luft
> (http://graphics.uni-konstanz.de/~luft/ivy_generator/) which only work with
> mesh objects. Please leave comments on how to increase realism,
>
> many thanks,
> hobBIT

I forgot to say, the upper image: Trees are generated with povtree (tomtree
frontend), the sky is a huge texture from cgtextures.com and the tower is
created with superellipsoids using a macro.

Post a reply to this message