POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : two years of SARS-Cov-2 Server Time
29 Mar 2024 11:35:45 EDT (-0400)
  two years of SARS-Cov-2 (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: jr
Subject: two years of SARS-Cov-2
Date: 2 Feb 2022 10:25:00
Message: <web.61faa1ae95c39b3fea8869266cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

it's been about two years now since "the pandemic" has taken hold, claiming as
of today, according to Wikipedia, a little under 5.7M lives in total.  on
average (globally) alcohol claims one life every 10 seconds, approx ~3.1M per
year.  in other words, don't drink, get corona -- it's safer!  :-)

jr.

Post a reply to this message

> it's been about two years now since "the pandemic" has taken hold, claiming as
> of today, according to Wikipedia, a little under 5.7M lives in total.  on
> average (globally) alcohol claims one life every 10 seconds, approx ~3.1M per
> year.  in other words, don't drink, get corona -- it's safer!  :-)

I read in Nature iirc, that there is a huge uncertainty about those
figures, 5.7M being the "official" one. Learned estimated report up to
some 20M... so... cheers!  :-)

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

> it's been about two years now since "the pandemic" has taken hold, claiming as
> of today, according to Wikipedia, a little under 5.7M lives in total.  on
> average (globally) alcohol claims one life every 10 seconds, approx ~3.1M per
> year.  in other words, don't drink, get corona -- it's safer!  :-)

The difference is that alcoholism isn't contagious.  Also, alcoholics
aren't clogging hospitals beyond capacity.

And isn't Corona a form of alcohol?

Post a reply to this message