POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Boundaries of a mesh2 object Server Time
25 Apr 2024 16:03:40 EDT (-0400)
  Boundaries of a mesh2 object (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Josh English
Subject: Boundaries of a mesh2 object
Date: 20 Dec 2022 01:10:07
Message: <63a151bf$1@news.povray.org>
I have been playing with arbaro and it can provide the height of the
created object, but not the full bounds. I've tried using max_extent and
min_extent but that doesn't seem to work for mesh2 objects.

Is there a utility that can extract the actual extent of the mesh2 objects?

Post a reply to this message

Josh English <Jos### [at] joshuarenglishcom> wrote:
> I have been playing with arbaro and it can provide the height of the
> created object, but not the full bounds. I've tried using max_extent and
> min_extent but that doesn't seem to work for mesh2 objects.
>
> Is there a utility that can extract the actual extent of the mesh2 objects?

my 'Bounder()' macro should work.  (you may need to up the (per axis) "scan"
resolution argument if the mesh has many "fine details")

<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-ak9jRR7B6iNoQfchF_XMupNL6Wop5Oq/view?usp=sharing>

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message