POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : RSOCP by ChatGPT Server Time
28 Mar 2024 14:13:54 EDT (-0400)
  RSOCP by ChatGPT (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Christian Froeschlin
Subject: RSOCP by ChatGPT
Date: 6 Dec 2022 19:17:08
Message: <638fdb84$1@news.povray.org>
I had seen some prompts on Twitter to generate C / python code and
wanted to see if it knew about more obscure languages as well so here
is ChatGPT's introductory RSCOP image :-)

My prompt was "Write a POV-Ray script to render a reflective sphere over
a checkered plane"

On first glance the output looked reasonable but it didn't in fact
compile, it attempted to generate the checker pigment as

   checker(CheckerColor1, CheckerColor2);

and a plane object with a location instead of direction + distance.

Logical problems included having sphere and camera both inside the
plane y = 0 and the light source on the far side of the sphere.

After minimal manual fixes I got the attached result. Interesting
development but world domination still seems a few years off.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'rsocp.png' (22 KB)

Preview of image 'rsocp.png'