POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Media: rendering needs verry long for the last few percent Server Time
28 Mar 2024 10:08:23 EDT (-0400)
  Media: rendering needs verry long for the last few percent (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: Juergen
Subject: Media: rendering needs verry long for the last few percent
Date: 3 May 2022 18:15:00
Message: <web.6271a8dff250354f21faca8df9b2273@news.povray.org>
Hi,
I've the following situation: a scene contains six objects with media (in the
center of the image). They are small, approx 10% of the final image.
When I render the scene (pov 3.7.0) the image is rendered to 97% in few minutes,
but the last 3% needs more than one hour! This final time seems to depend on the
amount of other objects in the scene, when I reduce them, the final part render
faster (but reducing objects is not an option).

What is povray doing at the end of the image?
How can I speed this up ?

Post a reply to this message