POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sailing ship Balclutha Server Time
28 Mar 2024 10:41:25 EDT (-0400)
  Sailing ship Balclutha (Message 1 to 10 of 62)
From: Ton
Subject: Sailing ship Balclutha
Date: 29 Mar 2022 05:05:00
Message: <web.6242cb0b1ff1cfb3ad1330e67597fb06@news.povray.org>
After a long hot summer, with the nights getting longer, and the days getting
colder, it is time to start a new project. Maybe I'm overreaching myself, but
the bar has to be higher every time.
I decided to do the Balclutha, a steel-hulled, full-rigged ship, built in
Glasgow in 1886.
She is now a museum ship in San Fransisco.
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balclutha_(1886))
The Library Of Congress website has detailed plans and photos of this ship, so I
have all the information to model this ship. Here is the start:

I've modeled one side of the hull, in Blender, exported the .obj-file, and
created a mesh2-file.

Cheers
Ton.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'forum1.jpg' (80 KB)

Preview of image 'forum1.jpg'
forum1.jpg

> After a long hot summer, with the nights getting longer, and the days getting
> colder, it is time to start a new project. Maybe I'm overreaching myself, but
> the bar has to be higher every time.
> I decided to do the Balclutha, a steel-hulled, full-rigged ship, built in
> Glasgow in 1886.
> She is now a museum ship in San Fransisco.
> (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balclutha_(1886))
> The Library Of Congress website has detailed plans and photos of this ship, so I
> have all the information to model this ship. Here is the start:
>
> I've modeled one side of the hull, in Blender, exported the .obj-file, and
> created a mesh2-file.
>
> Cheers
> Ton.

Good start. How did you model the hull: nurbs?

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

> Good start. How did you model the hull: nurbs?
>
> --
> Thomas

Bedankt Thomas.
I used Blender, and transformed the obj output in mesh2, with normals.

Cheers
Ton.

Post a reply to this message