POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : How to create realistic caustics? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 09:09:09 EDT (-0400)
  How to create realistic caustics? (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
Subject: How to create realistic caustics?
Date: 6 Mar 2022 18:15:00
Message: <web.62253f4c80f64537e8cac70b99ba66ec@news.povray.org>
Hi,
I am currently working on a pool scene and would like to render realistic
cautics there.
Something like this:
https://community.foundry.com/discuss/post/1221838/content/130646
This should also be animated, so the caustics change realistically.
See the following video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Popg7ej4AUU (Pool first at minute 4:33)

I tried it with photons, but this is not possible because of the enormous render
time (there is also a larger mesh object in the scene).
Secondly, I try it with an overlaid texture, based on a partially-transparent
crackle.
But the result is pretty modest in both cases.
Attached an example with faked caustics of my current implementation (with
bozo).

Does anyone have a tip how to get this as realistic as possible ?

Post a reply to this message