POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Displacement function in Poseray Server Time
29 Mar 2024 00:57:39 EDT (-0400)
  Displacement function in Poseray (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Displacement function in Poseray
Date: 3 Jul 2021 04:56:23
Message: <60e02637@news.povray.org>
Following Norbert Kern's 'Mountain forest', I wanted to show here an
example of the easy use of the Displacement function in Poseray, and
which is not enough known, I guess.

First make an object and an uv-mapped texture. Then import in Poseray.

A first image shows the used settings in Poseray:
- a displacement map can be made with Gimp, based on the image map used.
it should/could be blurred/dilated with Gimp, then with IC;
- amount of displacement -0.01 (black) and 0.02 (white); only the x and
z components in the case of this wall;
- adaptive subdivision (threshold 0.05 to 0.1 according to cases);
- after this, 'Displace geometry' generates the displacement of the object.

The second image shows the result rendered in POV-Ray.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'poseray_displacement1.jpg' (268 KB) Download 'test_displacement4.jpg' (99 KB)

Preview of image 'poseray_displacement1.jpg'
poseray_displacement1.jpg

Preview of image 'test_displacement4.jpg'
test_displacement4.jpg