POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : POV-Ray v3.8.0-beta.1 Server Time
28 Mar 2024 10:34:38 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray v3.8.0-beta.1 (Message 1 to 10 of 28)
From: clipka
Subject: POV-Ray v3.8.0-beta.1
Date: 11 Jul 2021 07:56:51
Message: <60eadc83$1@news.povray.org>
It's official now:

https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/releases/tag/v3.8.0-beta.1

A note to Unix users:

We're now providing Unix-specific source code packages again. We
recommend that you build from the `povunix-*.tar.gz` tarball, rather
than the "Source code (tar.gz)" or "Source code (zip)" packages or the
raw repo contents.

A note to Windows XP users:

Let us know if there are still any of you out there. Otherwise we'll
presume that Vista (and higher) support should be enough for everybody.

Happy Testing!

Post a reply to this message

> We're now providing Unix-specific source code packages again. We
> recommend that you build from the `povunix-*.tar.gz` tarball, rather
> than the "Source code (tar.gz)" or "Source code (zip)" packages or the
> raw repo contents.
>

> A note to Windows XP users:
>
> Let us know if there are still any of you out there. Otherwise we'll
> presume that Vista (and higher) support should be enough for everybody.
>

> Happy Testing!

A thousand thanks, though this deprives me of an excuse to further cleanup my
front end addon with the now uniformly supported stochastic AA !
The Doxygen 1700+ pages auto generated developer doc is insanely well formatted
!

Post a reply to this message

> The Doxygen 1700+ pages auto generated developer doc is insanely well formatted
> !

Credit for that goes almost entirely to the authors of Doxygen and the
toolchain for its PDF export. LaTeX may be key there, I guess.

Post a reply to this message