POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Colony Ship Cylindrical City Server Time
18 Apr 2024 00:47:35 EDT (-0400)
  Colony Ship Cylindrical City (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Colony Ship Cylindrical City
Date: 31 Mar 2021 01:46:14
Message: <60640ca6$1@news.povray.org>
https://youtu.be/Y_qlK-4aC4o

Post a reply to this message

From: Kenneth
Subject: Re: Colony Ship Cylindrical City
Date: 7 Apr 2021 10:05:00
Message: <web.606dbbae5e630ac2d98418916e066e29@news.povray.org>
An unfolding city! Wow, I can understand Chris Colefax's citigen macro being
used for creating a 'flat' city-- but your cylindrical unfolding is really
amazing to see. Nice!

I downloaded that macro long ago, but still haven't gotten around to using or
experimenting with it, to see how it procedurally generates its elements...
thinking about how it might help my own 'city generator' scene-- which I still
haven't finished
:-(

Post a reply to this message

> An unfolding city! Wow, I can understand Chris Colefax's citigen macro being
> used for creating a 'flat' city-- but your cylindrical unfolding is really
> amazing to see. Nice!
>
> I downloaded that macro long ago, but still haven't gotten around to using or
> experimenting with it, to see how it procedurally generates its elements...
> thinking about how it might help my own 'city generator' scene-- which I still
> haven't finished
> :-(

I just replaced all calls to "box" with calls to a macro I created that
builds a square chunk of a difference of two cylinders. Instead of
vertical axis coordinates, you input the radii of the cylinders. Not
complicated at all.

Mike