POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Maclaurin spheroid Server Time
29 Mar 2024 10:15:50 EDT (-0400)
  Maclaurin spheroid (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Maclaurin spheroid
Date: 22 Feb 2021 02:42:42
Message: <60336072$1@news.povray.org>
Can anyone describe how to create this solid in POV-Ray?

It is described here:

https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/293563/latitude-above-and-below-the-surface-of-the-earth

Mathematical equation is on Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maclaurin_spheroid

Thank you kindly!

Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Re: Maclaurin spheroid
Date: 22 Feb 2021 03:00:58
Message: <603364ba$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/22/2021 2:42 AM, Mike Horvath wrote:
> Can anyone describe how to create this solid in POV-Ray?
>
> It is described here:

https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/293563/latitude-above-and-below-the-surface-of-the-earth

> Mathematical equation is on Wikipedia:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maclaurin_spheroid
>
> Thank you kindly!
>

> Mike

I should clarify that I want to create an intersection (like an apple
core) of the globe that follows the field lines at different latitudes.

Mike

Post a reply to this message