POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : L-Systems in Povray : Re: L-Systems in Povray Server Time
19 Apr 2024 04:40:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: L-Systems in Povray
From: Droj
Date: 8 Jun 2023 16:30:00
Message: <web.648235b3453cebfc9f5def123b2af915@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> hi,
>
> "Droj" <803### [at] drojde> wrote:
> > not faint at the sight of a #while but of (a) 35 years WHILE I've been missing
> > crucial things in Povray :-)).
> > Being a _bloody_user_only (starting with Povray 2.? and Moray 1.5, MS DOS
> > versions) now 'wasted WHILE time' strikes back.
>
> looking at the image posted, methinks thou protest too much.  </grin>  v nice.
>

> > I feel like Ingo got me by the 'short hair': I am able to use a macro (most of
> > the times), sometimes adapt something (happy when it works, if not: depressed),
> > understanding the concept (sometimes - more or less - not 'word by word') but
> > separating positions and angles for 3D / creating a LIFO array - that's way
> > beyond me.
> > I'll try to do my best but to cover that gap is a huge thing. At least I could
> > add something to Ingo's code to produce the 'Pentaplexity' (still crude using
> > Ingo's words).
>
> re LIFOs, have a look at 'queues.inc'.  (even though the demos suck)
>

> regards, jr.

Hi,

that was the 'piece-of-cake' part for the 'bloody user'.

I tried Ingo's advice separating location and angle. Whatever I did Povray
complained ("Float expected, but ... found instead" or "Bad operand for dot
expression"). Now I know why he warned me with <untested code>.
Will still investigate where I took the wrong turn.

I had a look at your 'queues.inc'. I'm still goggle-eyed with my mouth agape!
</)):-o>

I wouldn't say the demos suck - maybe a bit too 'academic' or not 'descriptive'.

Still I have to chew on LIFO and maybe can digest it - not sure - that's for
sure.

But I will not give up.

My objective is to get that Lparser thing working with Povray (or die). Forget
the last words.

regards, Droj