POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : L-Systems in Povray : Re: L-Systems in Povray Server Time
18 Apr 2024 22:14:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: L-Systems in Povray
From: Droj
Date: 2 Jun 2023 17:20:00
Message: <web.647a5974453cebfc2064eda13b2af915@news.povray.org>
> "Droj" <803### [at] drojde> wrote:
>
> > No, it's not the shortcomings of the developer's documentation. I was lamenting
> > about my own shortcomings not being able to add some little code which outputs a
> > file with something like 'sphere - cylinder -'. The developer is innocent.
>
> Well, you can search the povray website - or perhaps the wayback machine, and
> look for the #read and #write directives.
> But I can assure you that we have puzzled out such things before.
> That's a lot of what user "yesbird" was working on.
>
> Just write out what you want in pseudocode, and it may just wind up in a .pov or
> ..inc file for you.   ;)
>
> > I did not know that you have such a 'wiki' treasure cove. At the moment I do not
> > use Povray 3.8 (still 3.7) but I will try your treasures when beta phase is
> > over.
>
> Yes, things like user pages on the wiki are a little bit harder to find, even
> when we know that they exist....
>
> - BE

Hi BE,

> Well, you can search the povray website - or perhaps the wayback machine, and
> look for the #read and #write directives.
> But I can assure you that we have puzzled out such things before.

Yep, maybe that's the only way but it's like searching a needle in a haystack.
And the catch is even if I find something I do not have the slightest idea where
to hook in.
BE, thanks for your advice and for sending me to the right direction.

> Yes, things like user pages on the wiki are a little bit harder to find, even
> when we know that they exist....

Right, wonders never cease. Well might be a good time to explore.

> Just write out what you want in pseudocode, and it may just wind up in a .pov or
> ..inc file for you.   ;)

Pseudocode?? Is pseudocode catching (truely sorry about that)? It means: I have
no clue.

- Droj