POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : L-Systems in Povray : Re: L-Systems in Povray Server Time
19 Apr 2024 02:20:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: L-Systems in Povray
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 31 May 2023 18:25:00
Message: <web.6477c887453cebfc1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Droj" <803### [at] drojde> wrote:

> No, it's not the shortcomings of the developer's documentation. I was lamenting
> about my own shortcomings not being able to add some little code which outputs a
> file with something like 'sphere - cylinder -'. The developer is innocent.

Well, you can search the povray website - or perhaps the wayback machine, and
look for the #read and #write directives.
But I can assure you that we have puzzled out such things before.
That's a lot of what user "yesbird" was working on.

Just write out what you want in pseudocode, and it may just wind up in a .pov or
..inc file for you.   ;)

> I did not know that you have such a 'wiki' treasure cove. At the moment I do not
> use Povray 3.8 (still 3.7) but I will try your treasures when beta phase is
> over.

Yes, things like user pages on the wiki are a little bit harder to find, even
when we know that they exist....

- BE