POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Moray 3.5 and Pov-ray 3.5 both run on Windows 11 : Re: Moray 3.5 and Pov-ray 3.5 both run on Windows 11 Server Time
16 Apr 2024 01:34:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moray 3.5 and Pov-ray 3.5 both run on Windows 11
From: Kenneth
Date: 29 May 2023 10:55:00
Message: <web.6474bc84cfce83799b4924336e066e29@news.povray.org>

> I'm guessing that Moray somehow needs the editor to make the SDL file, and
> that's why POV-Ray needs to be installed.
> [snip]
> Maybe a later version can be renamed and placed into a 3.5 directory to see what
> happens?

That gives me a rather crazy(?) idea for an experiment with POV-ray v3.7/3.8 and
Windows 10 : I wonder if POV's v3.5 magical DLL(s) that Thomas mentioned could
be placed instead in the appropriate v3.7/3.8 folder location--assuming that
Windows will allow it-- then to see if Moray will recognize those DLL(s)
*there*. The idea being that Moray might then work correctly with POV v3.7/3.8
when Moray's F9 or Ctrl-F9 commands are invoked. Assuming that Moray is given
the correct library path.

I really have no clue as to what might happen; playing with DLLs is not my
'standard practice', ha. Maybe it would melt-down Windows 10 into slag :-O  But
hopefully not.

It seems like an experiment worth trying, at least.

But first, I need to try out the 'proper' combination of Moray and POV v3.5, to
see if that solves my 'export' problem.