POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : categorising objects : Re: categorising objects Server Time
18 Apr 2024 05:12:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: categorising objects
From: jr
Date: 27 May 2023 14:45:00
Message: <web.64724e9deebe96f3b49d80446cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

"Droj" <803### [at] drojde> wrote:
> "jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > yesbird <sya### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > > I like this hierarchy, but only one question: what is a "Scale Model"
> > > category ?
> > thanks (still room for improvement, though :-)).  I guess I'm thinking of
> > projects like 'Ton' does, eg.
> but Ton's project would fit in Vehicles>Rail.

just to repeat something I wrote elsethread, as I feel it's important: there is
no 'Vehicles->Rail' category, both categories/labels need selecting.  the
hierarchy is implicit only.

> I guess it's not necessary to have
> an extra category if the model is scaled down from the original. Nobody would
> realise it from the image.

yes and no :-).  take two hypothetical cars, one claims 'scale model'.  then I'd
expect to be able to re-texture either with little fuss, scale, and use.  but
say I want to make a monster truck, already have chassis and wheels, and only
want a body ?  then (I would think and hope) the scale model car would make that
an easier task, as I'd expect it to be built from parts.

regards, jr.