POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Comparison of POV-Ray 2.2 & 3.7 : Re: Comparison of POV-Ray 2.2 & 3.7 Server Time
20 Apr 2024 00:33:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Comparison of POV-Ray 2.2 & 3.7
From: Kenneth
Date: 26 May 2023 15:40:00
Message: <web.64710ac5f876da3e9b4924336e066e29@news.povray.org>
Those are interesting comparisons, and a nicely-made site. Good comments too.

I started working with POV-ray v3.5 or 3.6, around 2004(?). I missed a lot of
the early renders and experiments.

For your "Cluster of mirrored spheres" entry (cluster.pov), you mentioned not
knowing the author. The closest possibility I could come up with was here...

https://archive.org/details/max_photos_2500/3D%27S/BALLS8.GIF

It looks like a collection of very early raytracing renders, some made in DKB
Trace. Scroll through the images to 27, 28 and 29. One of those says "Andy Fu".
although it was apparently rendered in a program called RAYSHADE.

I've attached the GIF image here.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'balls8.gif' (135 KB)