POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Moray 3.5 and Pov-ray 3.5 both run on Windows 11 : Re: Moray 3.5 and Pov-ray 3.5 both run on Windows 11 Server Time
29 Mar 2024 03:44:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moray 3.5 and Pov-ray 3.5 both run on Windows 11
From: Kenneth
Date: 25 May 2023 22:35:00
Message: <web.64701a6dcfce83799b4924336e066e29@news.povray.org>
> Op 24/05/2023 om 16:53 schreef Kenneth:
> >
> > BTW, I clearly remember being able to export a Moray scene as an SDL file--
> > but I don't recall if running POV-ray v3.5 (at the same time) was a
> > requirement to do that. Or if an export plug-in of some kind was
> > necessary instead.  No plug-ins are included in my current Moray
> > installation.
> >
> I /think/ POV 3.5 was not a requirement? Not sure. I did exactly the
> same, exporting an SDL file and using that in any current POV version I
> was running at the time (later than 3.5).

I've been reading some of the older Moray posts here, to try and find some
useful info...

https://news.povray.org/moray.win/thread/%3C5a36ad66%241%40news.povray.org%3E/

Tim Cook in 2017, using Windows 10, was apparently able to 'export' his Moray
scenes as SDL (and then run them separately in POV-ray v3.7). I've followed the
directions there to try to do so after opening one of the included demo files:
Crtl-F9, or using 'export' under the 'Render' menu. The exported .pov file is
*supposed* to show up in a particular Moray  folder for use, which I located--
but nothing appears there.

Another post from 2010 gives the same instructions, and lists the exported files
that *should* show up...

https://news.povray.org/moray.win/thread/%3Cweb.4b7c950451e662bac1472ed0%40news.povray.org%3E/

I feel like I'm doing something wrong-- or NOT doing some basic additional step.
Very frustrating. I wonder if the OP here is able to export a Moray scene
successfully in Windows 11; he didn't mention any details.

(BTW: I was wrong about there being no plug-ins in Moray; there ARE a few that
are automatically loaded, although I don't see one that's specifically meant for
exporting a scene as POV-ray SDL. Maybe it's built-in? But not functioning?)