POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Moray 3.5 and Pov-ray 3.5 both run on Windows 11 : Re: Moray 3.5 and Pov-ray 3.5 both run on Windows 11 Server Time
16 Apr 2024 19:43:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moray 3.5 and Pov-ray 3.5 both run on Windows 11
From: Kenneth
Date: 23 May 2023 12:55:00
Message: <web.646cef75cfce83799b4924336e066e29@news.povray.org>
That's really interesting to hear; congratulations! I didn't know it was
possible.

I'm currently running Windows 10. In my archives, I happen to have the Moray
v3.5 installer from long ago. I tried firing that up, and it installs and runs
fine! (by itself). I don't know why I never tried this until now.

I'm using POV-ray v3.8.0 beta 1, which AFAIK is not 'compatible' with Moray(?)
as far as both of them being integrated together (like with your POV v3.5) -- so
at this point, the only thing I would like to do is to export one of the Moray
..mdl demo files as POV-ray SDL (.pov or .inc), then render it separately in
POV-ray. But I have forgotten how! It has been a *long* time since I last did
that exporting trick.

I've looked through the various Moray menus and read its 'help' files, but I
don't yet see where the proper 'export' feature is located (other than exporting
as .mdl or as 'UDO'.)

Suggestions?