POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Playing with the mesh camera : Re: Playing with the mesh camera Server Time
18 Apr 2024 17:57:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Playing with the mesh camera
From: Kenneth
Date: 22 May 2023 08:15:00
Message: <web.646b5c81df2a87159b4924336e066e29@news.povray.org>
> Josh English <Jos### [at] joshuarenglishcom> wrote:
>
> > And this created a proof of concept below (completely wrong angles,
> > because I have no idea how to make one, and I don't know what it takes
> > to get a POV-Ray scene to even make one colorized version.
>
> Paul Bourke has an impressive collection of detailed POV-Ray articles, an I
> recall stumbling over his stereogram article several times over the years.
>

> http://paulbourke.net/stereographics/vpac/povray.html

That's a very interesting method and description; I had not seen it before.
Thanks. From a quick glance, I can't yet tell if his method creates a complete
stereogram in only *one* render (like using the meshcam), or if it requires two
renders. I'll have to come back to it to absorb it in detail.

Meanwhile, I'm still doing some hard thinking about my red/cyan trials...