POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Playing with the mesh camera : Re: Playing with the mesh camera Server Time
16 Apr 2024 06:33:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Playing with the mesh camera
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 20 May 2023 10:10:00
Message: <web.6468d45cdf2a87151f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> Yep. In my own tests, I tried the same coloring attempt in meshcam_macros.inc,
> at the end of the  #macro meshcam_pinhole(...) mesh-generator code.
> But no result :-(  (I even tried adding an interior_texture, AND an
> inside_vector). It was all ignored. I guess the mesh-as-CAMERA in the source
> code is a different animal than a mesh OBJECT.

If I read the documentation correctly, there is a normal direction, and an
offset.  If you keep the normal direction the same, but change the offset so
that the camera ray origin is behind the mesh instead of in front of it, does
that achieve the desired result?
I seem to recall something about being able to see the mesh used as the camera.