POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Playing with the mesh camera : Re: Playing with the mesh camera Server Time
28 Mar 2024 08:18:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Playing with the mesh camera
From: Kenneth
Date: 19 May 2023 19:50:00
Message: <web.64680b1edf2a87159b4924336e066e29@news.povray.org>

> How long do these renders take?  I tried a 1024x768 with some code jr has worked
> out, and it was taking so long, that I canceled the render and did a tiny one -
> which still seemed quite slow.

Well, my 8 core/16 thread machine is pretty fast as-is, but...

My 40-mesh blur example, at 800X600 and no AA (and no 'vignetting' or
'distortion'), took a total of 2min 15sec (!)-- of which about 16 sec was the
parse time. Pretty amazing. (I did turn off the radiosity that was in one of the
meshcam includes though.) I guess most of the parse time is spent constructing
the single mesh; it's done in SDL in 'meshcam_macros.inc', not internally. By
saving the mesh on the first go-round, subsequent renders will be even faster--
which makes it easier to experiment with the motion-blur, since the mesh itself
doesn't change.