POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Playing with the mesh camera : Re: Playing with the mesh camera Server Time
24 Apr 2024 17:31:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Playing with the mesh camera
From: Kenneth
Date: 16 May 2023 03:45:00
Message: <web.646333c5df2a87159b4924336e066e29@news.povray.org>
Paolo Gibellini <p.g### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Il 08/05/2023 07:46, Josh English ha scritto:
> > I've taken what I've managed to learn about mesh cameras and applied it
> > to my desert towers scene.
> >
> > Josh
>
> Nice image! Should it be understood as a shaken landscape or as a
> stereogram to be seen with three eyes? ;-)

I was curious to know the same thing, ha!

It does kind of look like a '3-eyed' stereogram-- in that the image separations
are 'different' for the tower object than for the farther-away background, which
is a clue.

Josh's image inspired me to dig into the mesh-camera code, to see if I could
change some things to create the same kind of effect (but with only two
'eyes')... and then to try and find some way to apply red/cyan filters to the
overlapped images, to make an anaglyph. But that 2nd idea is not as simple as I
thought.

I'm still experimenting...