POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I need an Earth height feild map! : I need an Earth height feild map! Server Time
25 Apr 2024 03:42:33 EDT (-0400)
  I need an Earth height feild map!
From: Leroy
Date: 15 May 2023 14:25:00
Message: <web.6462718d7213a7977e74fda5f712fc00@news.povray.org>
I've looked high and low and every where I possible can.
But there's no 2048*1024 256 color Earth height field map.

I found one that was close but it used only 208 colors of the map & it didn't
have anything under sea level.

I have several texture maps of earth. Some pretty good.

I have very good texture & height field maps of Mars. That I've used to explore
that planet. I've made lots of landscapes and area views.
 To really explore I set it up so that by using the height field I could clip
the landscape showing where a water level could be and I could clip off the high
parts of the land showing how craters are laid out.
 I liked the POV version so much I made a Windows version.

And now I would like an Earth version.

So any help will be appreciated!