POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : #ifdef using a string expression? : Re: #ifdef using a string expression? Server Time
29 Mar 2024 01:52:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: #ifdef using a string expression?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 25 Mar 2023 07:40:00
Message: <web.641edd2a98df09c91f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> I was thinking the same thing: something built-in. HOW to do it-- and how
> difficult it would be to code without introducing other problems-- are the
> bigger questions, of course ;-)

Seems to me (a non-source-code-programmer) that it would work as part of the
#include directive itself, and we already have internal things like recursion
stacks, etc.  So it wouldn't really be a problem to prevent multiple parsing of
includes, etc.
As for parse time, how much extra could there possibly be to check the include
stack to see if the file has been included yet, or if the "view include stack"
flag is set or not?

But perhaps for some reason it's non-trivial.

- BW