POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Bezier spline deformation : Re: Bezier spline deformation Server Time
23 Apr 2024 12:28:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bezier spline deformation
From: Leroy
Date: 21 Mar 2023 16:25:00
Message: <web.641a11a6122e7e3ab201e5baf712fc00@news.povray.org>
yesbird <sya### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> On 15/03/2023 17:46, ingo wrote:
> > Thanks Alain, I'm aware of that, just tried to show that the POV-Ray
> > implementation of the Bezier spline is not wrong using yesbird's data and
> > various implementations.
>
> Yes, it's not wrong, but the question still exists: how to match it to
> C4D's produces shape in POV's 'prism' object (see first post).
> Unfortunately, manual states, that only two control points can be set:
> https://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Prism
>
> Experiments with them gives nothing.
> --
> YB

Do you have access to the C4D and POV source code ?
I know it's complicated but you might get an idea of where they differ.

 A while back I wrote a win program to make polygons and prisms for POV.
The first try I got the code straight from the internet.But it had little errors
like the one you showed. Then I went right to POV source. Now it is a lot
better.
 Of course you can do some trial an error by changing the control points by some
magic number. I would use a vector to move the control points either from the
other control point in a bezier_spline or the start point for other splines.
 Hope this helps.

Have Fun!