POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Still here / game stuff :) : Re: Still here / game stuff :) Server Time
23 Apr 2024 08:12:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Still here / game stuff :)
From: Pekka Aho
Date: 19 Mar 2023 06:20:00
Message: <web.6416e0e8e1364afa39147fd847dba873@news.povray.org>
yesbird <sya### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> Hi,
> I like your style and approach, Sierra games was my favorites and still
> remains - no pseudo-realistic expensive graphics, but intriguing
> narrative and gameplay.

Many thanks! :)

Classic adventures and point & click games have always been my nr. 1 genre of
all, and one of my biggest dreams back in my childhood times was to one day have
a game of my very own up and existing. Ofc, I made some short and simple text
adventures with QBasic during the 90's, but the original dream of a more
"proper" game is now finally becoming true. :)

yesbird <sya### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> Space Quest forever !
> https://dos.zone/space-quest-chapter-i-the-sarien-encounter-oct-1986/

Ah yes indeed! Space Quest 1 was the first Sierra game I ever played and my
absolute personal favourite of the series. Actually, just recently I've been
playing through the SQ series starting from the beginning, and at the moment
I've got SQ4 on the go. :D I tend to make these nostalgy trips with old games
every now and then. For example, last year I played through all Larry games and
before that I had the good ol' Monkey Island series rollin' (Lucasarts
adventures ftw as well!). And now, after I'm once again done with the SQ series,
I've got King's Quest and Police Quest next in line. :)

Cheers! :)

PS. Here's also an in-game screenshot of the 1st game under development. The
looks are minimal at this point: the characters are all made in POV and there
will be some bigger close-ups of the renderings on certain phases during the
playing progression, but everything else is just lines and text. The emphasis is
in narrative, wacky events and light puzzles, and the controls are
straightforward too: arrow keys move the character and all interactions happen
through simplified command line input, ie. "look door", "use item" etc. :D

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'roosters_v10_in-game_scr_1280.png' (84 KB)

Preview of image 'roosters_v10_in-game_scr_1280.png'
roosters_v10_in-game_scr_1280.png