POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : categorising objects : Re: categorising objects Server Time
19 Apr 2024 03:36:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: categorising objects
From: Kenneth
Date: 15 Mar 2023 09:35:00
Message: <web.6411c89beebe96f39b4924336e066e29@news.povray.org>
I would add a 'Miscellaneous' category. I can foresee some contributions that
might not fall under any specific heading-- although I can't think of an example
off-hand.

> Areas of Interest
>     Games
>         Ball Games
>         Board Games
>         Puzzles
>         Video Games

This might be an example of a too-detailed list. I would think that just 'Games'
would do.

>     Landscapes
>         Urban Landscapes

Same here. 'Landscapes' by itself might be inclusive enough. There are probably
LOTS of different types of landscapes that contributors could come up with--
mountains, forests, planetary surfaces, etc etc-- which might make a detailed
sub-listing endlessly long and too 'granular'.