POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : lemon {} revisited : Re: lemon {} revisited Server Time
18 Apr 2024 20:43:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: lemon {} revisited
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 12 Mar 2023 13:45:00
Message: <web.640e0ed11e421ea21f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>

> My (-z / looking toward +z) orthographic camera code is:

I also have a usage question with regard to orthographic:
I did not seem to be able to get this particular inclusion of the "angle"
keyword to work as described, but maybe I didn't try hard enough, or my camera
{} block was malformed.  It would make my life easier instead of having to
switch between 2 different cameras and define (guess at) a Zoom value, like I do
now.

https://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Camera#Orthographic_projection

If, in a perspective camera, you replace the perspective keyword by orthographic
and leave all other parameters the same, you will get an orthographic view with
the same image area, i.e. the size of the image is the same. The same can be
achieved by adding the angle keyword to an orthographic camera. A value for the
angle is optional. So this second mode is active if no up and right are within
the camera statement, or when the angle keyword is within the camera statement.

Note: The length of direction is irrelevant unless angle is used. The lengths of
up and right define the dimensions of the view. The angle keyword can be used,
as long as less than 180. It will override the length of the right and up
vectors (the aspect ratio between up and right will be kept nevertheless) with a
scope of a perspective camera having the same direction and angle.