POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Least Squares fitting : Re: Least Squares fitting Server Time
18 Apr 2024 11:50:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Least Squares fitting
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 11 Mar 2023 08:20:00
Message: <web.640c7ed289b6dca71f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
It occurred to me that I never described what the render shows.

The yellow circle shows the algebraic result when then data is restricted to a
small arc.   (now WAY off) The red circle is the geometric result which gives a
much more accurate result, but requires an initial "guess" for the center and
radius - which the algebraic method provides.