POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Request: HIGH resolution stl conversion to mesh / mesh2 : Re: Request: HIGH resolution stl conversion to mesh / mesh2 Server Time
18 Apr 2024 19:59:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request: HIGH resolution stl conversion to mesh / mesh2
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 10 Mar 2023 19:15:00
Message: <web.640bc7429ce67fcf1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
So, I remembered that a very fast way to analyze the curvature of a surface is
with a "zebra line" lighting setup, and so I applied that to a vase with a
mirror finish.

Nothing amazing really popped out at me, but it does show that other than some
of the 5000 years of wear, it's a very evenly curved surface.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'vasecurvaturelines.png' (175 KB)

Preview of image 'vasecurvaturelines.png'
vasecurvaturelines.png