POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Need to run POVRAY on a single thread : Need to run POVRAY on a single thread Server Time
24 Apr 2024 06:21:48 EDT (-0400)
  Need to run POVRAY on a single thread
From: Srihari
Date: 8 Feb 2023 00:45:00
Message: <web.63e3357b503d41c895a6cf0b78dd8b08@news.povray.org>
Hi. I tried to run povray on a single thread and for the same purpose I used the
+WT1 option. I observed the following : (Refer image attached for reference)

While the photon time was shown with 4 threads used for processing the trace
time was shown with 1 thread. Searching a bit more, found that +WT option doesnt
control the photon time related threads. I then tried to change the gather
setting in GLOBAL_SETTINGS for photon with min_gather and max_gather set to 1
and tried to check maybe if this leads to only one thread getting used. But got
similar results( i.e 4 threads were displayed along with photon time).

How can we run the povray application completely on a single thread? Kindly
share your thoughts. Thanks

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'povray_test.png' (25 KB)